Monday, May 9, 2011

Sorry, Vegans: Brussels Sprouts Like to Live, Too

I find it amusing these circulating generalized question vegatarian or not. For most of us it is not so much a choice as much a matter of birth and upbringing. There are a few who make the transition from being raised a vegetarian to be eating meat later on, and vice-a-versa for any number of personal reasons. If I am not eating meat, I am entitled to find healthy options without having to be in fashion trying to eat meat. If I am eating meat I do not have to be forced to answer moral and ethical questions. The same kind of moral higher ground can be claimed by vegans against latco-ovo vegetarians. For vegans as well there is the ultimate question, plants are living entities as well. Do they feel any pain?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/22/science/22angi.html

No comments:

Post a Comment